The Judges and Magistrates Vetting Board has today, Thursday, 17th March, 2016 made an announcement on suitability pertaining to High Court Judge Hon. Nicholas Ombija.In an elaborate statement read by the Chairman, Mr. Sharad Rao at Anniversary Towers in Nairobi, the Board stated that; “In terms of section 23(1) of the Sixth Schedule to the Constitution and sections 13, 18, and 21 of the Vetting of Judges and Magistrates Act No. 2 of 2011, the Board determines that the Honourable Nicholas RandaOwanoOmbija is NOT SUITABLE to continue serving as a Judge. The Judge has a right to apply for review of the said determination within 7 Days of the date of this determination.”
Other Board members present at the Press Conference were;
- Justus Munyithya,
- Prof NgothowaKariuki,
- Lady Justice (Rtd. DCJ) Alice Mpagi-Bahigeine,
- Chief Justice (Rtd) Barnabas Samatta,
- Chief Justice (Rtd) Asoka Nihal De-Silva, and
- Reuben Chichir (Secretary and CEO).
Download the full statement below:
- Sharad Rao (Centre) reads the eighteenth Announcement as determined by the Board during a Press Conference held by the Board on Thursday, 17th March, 2016 at Anniversary Towers. He is flanked by Mr. Justus Munyithya on his right and Chief Justice (Rtd) Barnabas Samatta. Other Board members present at this function were; Mr. AbdirashidAbdulahi, Prof.NgothowaKariuki, Lady Justice (Rtd. DCJ) Alice Mpagi-Bahigeine, Chief Justice (Rtd) Asoka Nihal De-Silva, andthe Board’s Secretary and CEO, Mr. Reuben Chichir.